A film title designers tTribute to Alfred Hitchcock.
Mr. Princey's daughter has just murdered the schoolmaster. A murderess in the family? That won't do. It's up to Mr. Princey to frame someone else for her crime.
Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Writers: Marian B. Cockrell (teleplay), John Collier (story)
Stars: Alfred Hitchcock, Cedric Hardwicke, John Williams.
Season 7, Episode 2: Original Air Date: 17 October 1961
"Say Anything!" host Joy Behar talks with comedy legend Mel Brooks about his unusual friendship with Alfred Hitchcockand what happened when Hitchcock decided to mentor Brooks during the production of the Hitchcock parody "High Anxiety."
Joy Behar: Say Anything
Monday - Thursday 6e/3p
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1
First aired: 6/24/1956
A man ends up running to the Mexican border after trying to collect money his employer owes him.
Alfred Hitchcock (Anthony Hopkins) breaks the news to his wife Alma (Helen Mirren) that they are putting everything on the line to produce Psycho.
In this HITCHCOCK featurette, director Sacha Gervasi, and stars Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren discuss the creative and romantic partnership between Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma Reville.
Actress Tippi Hedren discusses getting the lead role for Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" at the Academy's screening on October 23, 2012 at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater, as part of the series "A Monstrous Centennial: Universal's Legacy of Horror."
Actress Veronica Cartwright shares her childhood memories of working for Alfred Hitchcock on "The Birds" at the Academy's screening on October 23, 2012 at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater, as part of the series "A Monstrous Centennial: Universal's Legacy of Horror."
Hitchcock trailer released: Biopic with Anthony Hopkins, Scarlett Johansson recounts directors struggle to bring Psycho to the screen.
Movies have the power to create a shared narrative experience and to shape memories and worldviews. British film director Beeban Kidron invokes iconic film scenes -- from Miracle in Milan to Boyz n the Hood -- as she shows how her group FILMCLUB shares great films with kids.
Missed the list of films? Here it is again for you to immerse yourself:
- Miracle in Milan, Vittorio de Sica (1951)
- Slumdog Millionaire, Danny Boyle (2008)
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Frank Capra (1939)
- Hotel Rwanda, Terry George (2004)
- Schindler's List, Steven Spielberg (1993)
- To Sir, with Love, James Clavell (1967)
- Persepolis, Vincent Paronnaud and Marjane Satrapi (2007)
- Jaws, Steven Spielberg (1975)
- The Diary of Anne Frank, George Stevens (1959)
- The Great Escape, John Sturgese (1963)
- Shoah, Claude Lanzmann (1985)
- Triumph of the Will, Leni Riefenstahl (1935)
- The Wizard of Oz, Victor Fleming (1939)
- Citizen Kane, Orson Welles (1941)
- Boyz n the Hood, John Singleton (1991)
- Tom Hanks as Jim Lovell in Apollo 13, Ron Howard (1995)
- Ben Kingsley as Gandhi in Gandhi, Richard Attenborough (1982)
- Eve Harrington from All About Eve, Joseph L. Mankiewicz (1950)
- Howard Beale from Network, Sidney Lumet (1976)
- Mildred Pierce, Michael Curtiz (1945)
- Rear Window, Alfred Hitchcock (1954)
The revealing scene in Alfred Hitchcock's film, when Sam and Lila finally find out the truth about Norman Bates's mum. WARNING: this totally spoilers the ending of the film!
Alfred Hitchcock and Paramount present a guide to their revolutionary release of "Psycho" in this extended "press book on film" from the Academy Film Archive.
Take a look at some of our favorite stories about things that ALMOST happened with memorable movies. Find out who almost played Indiana Jones, why a Hollywood legend turned down his chance to be James Bond, the crazy title that was used to sell a blockbuster teen sex comedy and much more!
See what else ALMOST happened at http://www.oscars.org/features/04022012/index.html
All footage taken from the original Rear Window (1954) directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
The order of events is pretty much as seen in the movie.
more info: jeffdesom.com/hitch/
Hungarian Dance No. 5
composed by Johannes Brahms
arranged for easy listening by Hugo Winterhalter